Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Perspective


I met with a truly adorable eight-year-old girl today who immediately noticed the picture above of Karma, which I have a copy of framed in my office.

"Is that your dog?" she eagerly asked.

When I proudly said that it was, she asked, "Did he stand up for the picture?"

"Well, no," I explained, really puzzled. "He was just sitting there. What makes you think he was standing up?"

"He's bigger than your table!" she replied, in awe.

Suddenly I saw the photograph from her eyes, and it's true, from one perspective he looks as if he must be standing up on his hind legs, although it must be the angle of the camera lens (I think) that makes it appear that way.

It was a reminder of why I love my job, however. If in need of a fresh perspective, it's always a boon to see through a child's eyes.

No comments: