
Princess Haiku found a faded slip of paper in an old edition of "The Selected Poems of Federico Garcia Lorca." On it was written:
"...ourselves before and ourselves after. This assures anonymity. While we can talk with each other and feel each other, we cannot identify each other. Thus you will never be able to be entirely sure that each person you meet, for the rest of your life, has not participated in the Zap
with you."
She asks, "What is your interpretation of this, and why do you think that I found it?"
My interpretation forthwith, as we all await hers.
The Zap permits two lovers to forget they were ever in love. In a single instant, all that has transpired between them, both good and painful, vanishes from Time's record and their hearts' memories. They may continue to know each other, but they cannot ever again "identify each other" as one with whom such passion is possible. La passion est morte.
Leaving the choice, perhaps: to forget and feel nothing, or to remember and suffer?
1 comment:
I like your interpretation very much. I am still mulling over mine. The poem was "To Saint Raphael" Cordoba. I am going to post it on my blog. Been having a little trouble posting so it might not be tonight.
Post a Comment