Pale mists
where leaf and limb
and shore and sea
and fish and bird are
one
moonlight diffused
in the belled light of
day
my refuge
this grey grave
wherein
I find my way -
But, oh, the Sun -
bright and literal
and fish and bird are
one
moonlight diffused
in the belled light of
day
my refuge
this grey grave
wherein
I find my way -
But, oh, the Sun -
bright and literal
glare,
beam of
beam of
focus brought to
bear,
blinding mortals
blinding mortals
with its
welcome light -
Oh, thou Sul,
thou Soul,
thou longed-for warmth -
Is this my only
recourse -
capture Sun within a jar?
Its mysteries concealed
by frost,
its heat
cast from afar?

Oh, thou Sul,
thou Soul,
thou longed-for warmth -
Is this my only
recourse -
capture Sun within a jar?
Its mysteries concealed
by frost,
its heat
cast from afar?

For those seeking the Sun as well, here are the instructions for making your own Sun Jar.
Shine on...
4 comments:
This is soooo lovely, I want to capture the sun in a jar too C, what a delighful thought, to keep it by my bedside... But I just thought that I love the moon even more, can I keep it a jar too.. could they lie in a drawer side by side?
Wordcrafter, as a matter of fact, yes, you can have both. The following link looks very much like a moon jar to me.
http://www.instructables.com/id/Home-made-Sun-Jar/
There's also this site, if you would prefer to purchase them:
http://www.thinkgeek.com/homeoffice/lights/994a/
If we "could have two things in one: the light of the moon, the warmth of the sun" - ah, now there's a dream...
May you have both...
Cynthia
I must make a sun jar--the whole idea of a sun jar...
Bob D., if you successfully do so, will you let me know? The sun has sporadically returned 'round these parts so I'm a bit less motivated at the moment to undertake the project. Still, I want to know if it works!
Post a Comment